Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 6:58 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Attached revision shows where I'm at with this. Would be nice to get
> it all out of the way before too long.

Attached is v6, which now consists of only one single patch, which
fixes things up in pg_dump. (This is almost though not quite identical
to the same patch from v5.)

I would like to give another 24 hours for anybody to lodge final
objections to what I've done in this patch. It seems possible that
there will be concerns about how this might affect backpatching, or
something like that. This patch goes relatively far in the direction
of refactoring to make things consistent at the module level -- unlike
most of the patches, which largely consisted of mechanical adjustments
that were obviously correct, both locally and at the whole-module level.

BTW, I notice that meson seems to have built-in support for running
scan-build, a tool that performs static analysis using clang. I'm
pretty sure that it's possible to use scan-build to run clang-tidy
checks (though I've just been using run-clang-tidy myself). Perhaps it
would make sense to use meson's support for scan-build to make it easy
for everybody to run the clang-tidy checks locally.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment