Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Jason Petersen <jason@citusdata.com> wrote:
> Ultimately, the important thing this CoC provides is some concrete language
> to point at when a party is aggrieved and explicit avenues of redress
> available when one refuses to address one’s own behavior. We’re adults here,
> the strawmen of people being harangued out of the community because they
> said a bad word are unlikely to materialize.
>
> +1

This seems like a good summary on the purpose of the CoC.

It is of course possible that a member of the committee could act in
bad faith for any number of reasons. You can say the same thing about
any position of leadership or authority within the community, though.
That hasn't really been much of a problem in my experience, and I see
no reason for particular concern about it here.

--
Peter Geoghegan