Re: Getting TOAST errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Uckun
Subject Re: Getting TOAST errors
Date
List pgsql-general

>> Not really. I have a nightly process which downloads data and sticks
>> it into a text field. Afterwards another process reads that text data
>> and processes it creating rows in another table. The problem occurs in
>> the last step and at seemingly random intervals. For example one time
>> it might happen when you are creating row 1000 another time it might
>> be when you are creating row 2000.
>
> Well, I'm not asking for perfect reproducibility --- a test case that
> fails even 1% of the time would be great.

What exactly do you need?

The database is not too large but the data is proprietary. Despite
this I am willing to provide a sampling of the data in the two tables
involved. The code itself is ruby but has a lot of library
dependencies so it might not be possible to give you a working
application. The idea is pretty simple though, you fetch a text field,
it contains CSV data, you iterate through the data updating or
inserting records into the second table.