Re: Postgres Automated Failover - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AI Rumman
Subject Re: Postgres Automated Failover
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, I'll check it out.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 9:06 AM Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais <ioguix@free.fr> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 08:32:48 -0500
AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to use Postgresql with TimescaleDb extension. I have to
> design a system similar to AWS RDS which supports automated failover,
> transparent minor version upgrades etc.
> In early days, I worked with PgPool II to enable heartbeat between the
> Postgres servers. Is there any new tool to achieve the same by which I can
> design a transparent failover system for Postgres?

There is multiple HA solutions, none are "transparent failover" though. They
are just automated-failover. A rollback-ed transaction because of failover will
never be transparent from the application point of view.

Look at Patroni or PAF, depending on what you want to achieve.