Re: Autovacuum worker doesn't immediately exit on postmaster death - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Victor Yegorov
Subject Re: Autovacuum worker doesn't immediately exit on postmaster death
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ср, 28 окт. 2020 г. в 19:44, Alexander Kukushkin <cyberdemn@gmail.com>:
I know, nobody in their mind should do that, but, if the postmaster
process is killed with SIGKILL signal, most backend processes
correctly notice the fact of the postmaster process absence and exit.
There is one exception though, when there are autovacuum worker
processes they are continuing to run until eventually finish and exit.

I was able to reproduce it with 13.0 and 12.4, and I believe older
versions are also affected.

Do you get the same behaviour also on master?
As there was some work in this area for 14, see https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/44fc6e259b

--
Victor Yegorov