[HACKERS] Regarding Postgres Dynamic Shared Memory (DSA) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mahi Gurram
Subject [HACKERS] Regarding Postgres Dynamic Shared Memory (DSA)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Regarding Postgres Dynamic Shared Memory (DSA)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello everyone,

I'm building In-Memory index extension for Postgres, for which i'm trying to use DSA. But ended with some issues, as it is not allowing me to create DSA(Dynamic Shared Area) in _PG_init function.

Please refer my_PG_init code below:
void
_PG_init(void)
{
area = dsa_create(LWLockNewTrancheId(), "CustomIndex_DSA");
area_handle = dsa_get_handle(area);
}

Because of this code, Postgres is not starting. Not even giving any error messages in pg logs. Hence, i'm totally clue less :(

Please let me know how to proceed. Your help is highly appreciated.

PS: Applied all the DSM related patches over Postgres 9.6.1 as per below thread and confirmed the same by running some test programs.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAEepm%3D1z5WLuNoJ80PaCvz6EtG9dN0j-KuHcHtU6QEfcPP5-qA%40mail.gmail.com#CAEepm=1z5WLuNoJ80PaCvz6EtG9dN0j-KuHcHtU6QEfcPP5-qA@mail.gmail.com

Thanks & Best Regards,

- Mahi