Re: missing perl test modules in postgresqlXX-devel ? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: missing perl test modules in postgresqlXX-devel ?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 11:51 PM Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 13:38 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Based on this, I think it's appropriate to modify the EL-7 spec file
> fo all Pg versions (example patch is for -10) something like the
> following.

We have unified spec file, so can you please send a patch that will
work on all platforms?

I should've said "the unified spec file for pg 10" - the patch targets all platforms.

I've attached one that's pre-applied to all version specs, with a better commit message, so you can just "git am" and check it.

For future reference

  PATCHFILE=/path/to/the.patch
  for f in $( find . -type f -path './rpm/redhat/master/non-common/postgresql-1[0-9]/*/postgresql-*.spec' )
  do
    patch --no-backup-if-mismatch -p1 -i $PATCHFILE $f
  done

is very handy.

If you're concerned about this, the 'perl(Test::More)' dependency could be made a weak dependency.

I didn't see a convenient docker-based build script in the pgrpms repo that I could use to sanity check changes against a clean temporary locally-generated buildserver image, so I haven't tested these. The dockerfiles in docker/ look like they're intended as end-user containers. I'll see if I can make a simple docker-rpm-builder wrapper (see https://github.com/docker-rpm-builder/docker-rpm-builder#other-distributions-and-osx---installing-straight-from-source ).

Attachment