Re: [Solved] Generic logging system for pre-hstore using plperl triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Diego Augusto Molina
Subject Re: [Solved] Generic logging system for pre-hstore using plperl triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
Some errata and round up comments.

First of all, I think it's relevant to give some info about the system
I'm running:
  OS: Linux
  Distro: Gentoo
  Perl: dev-lang/perl-5.12.3-r1 USE="-* berkdb gdbm"
  Gentoo Base System release: 2.0.2
  PORTDIR/metadata/timestamp.chk: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:45:01 +0000

2011/10/2, Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@gmail.com>:
> solved if we use no composite at all! Instead of a field with an array
> of a composite of three instrinsics, use three fields, each of an
> intrinsic type. See your proposal:

Errata: "use three fields, each *one being an array of an intrinsic type.*"

> mentioned earlier (to reduce space: 2 bytes of type "smallint" against
> variable size of type "text"; and to keep track of names been used
> too). You can also set up something like this if you like dimensions:

Errata: "and to keep track of names *being* used too)"

> Implying that the first dimension is the "before" value and the second
> one is for the "after" value. Any of these prevents us from using
> composites and makes the box a little wider and simpler. Even further,
> I would like to keep the logging "on demand":

Comment on <<I would like to keep the logging "on demand":>>
With this I mean to log only those columns wich are part of the
primary key or whose values have changed

--
Diego Augusto Molina
diegoaugustomolina@gmail.com

ES: Por favor, evite adjuntar documentos de Microsoft Office. Serán
desestimados.
EN: Please, avoid attaching Microsoft Office documents. They shall be discarded.
LINK: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html