Re: How did queensnake corrupt zic.o? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Filipe Rosset
Subject Re: How did queensnake corrupt zic.o?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hi guys,
I had to disable ccache on queensnake, all builds are fine right now. Let's see how it goes.
due OS migration on queensnake (scientific linux -> centos -> rocky linux) I think it's time to decommission the queensnake and request a new animal for a new server, maybe.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022, 03:25 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> We see a successful compile and then a failure to read the file while
> linking.  We see that the animal got into that state recently and then
> fixed itself, and now it's back in that state.  I don't know if it's
> significant, but it happened to fix itself when a configure change
> came along, which might be explained by ccache invalidation; that is,
> the failure mode doesn't depend on the input files, but once it's
> borked you need a change to kick ccache.  My memory may be playing
> tricks on me but I vaguely recall seeing another animal do this, a
> while back.

queensnake's seen repeated cycles of unexplainable build failures.
I wonder if it's using a bogus ccache version, or if the machine
itself is flaky.