Re: How did queensnake corrupt zic.o? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: How did queensnake corrupt zic.o?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-02-15 10:00:45 -0300, Filipe Rosset wrote:
> I had to disable ccache on queensnake, all builds are fine right now. Let's
> see how it goes.

> due OS migration on queensnake (scientific linux -> centos -> rocky linux)
> I think it's time to decommission the queensnake and request a new animal
> for a new server, maybe.

Did you keep the ccache cache across these migrations? If so, I'd not at all
be surprised if that caused the problem. I don't think ccache is going to be
reliably protecting against all the things changing between distrubtion
[versions]. Particularly not if the ccache version also changed.

Greetings,

Andres Freund