Re: Improper use about DatumGetInt32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: Improper use about DatumGetInt32
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 8:13 PM Anastasia Lubennikova <a.lubennikova@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
On 02.11.2020 18:59, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I have committed 0003.
>
> For 0001, normal_rand(), I think you should reject negative arguments
> with an error.

I've updated 0001. The change is trivial, see attached.

> For 0002, I think you should change the block number arguments to
> int8, same as other contrib modules do.

Agree. It will need a bit more work, though. Probably a new version of
pageinspect contrib, as the public API will change.
Ashutosh, are you going to continue working on it?

Sorry I was away on Diwali vacation so couldn't address Peter's comments in time. Thanks for taking this further. I will review Peter's patch.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh