Re: [pgadmin-support] Postgres case insensitive searches - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Shapiro
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] Postgres case insensitive searches
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a table called jobs with ~17 millions records. Without an index on the queue column, the following query

      select count(*) from jobs where lower(queue) = 'normal'

found ~2.6 millions records in 10160ms

With the following index:

     create index lower_queue on jobs (lower(queue))

the same query only took 3850ms