Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Shutyaev
Subject Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound
Date
List pgsql-general
Some more notes on databses.

Although the pg_upgrade failed, I've decided to check the databases in the new cluster (10.4). There is no database with oid 0 either. Also to be noted that some system databases changed the oids while others retained them.

And of my databases - sslentry. It had a very big oid (can that seem strange?) and its oid has changed.

select oid, datname from pg_database;
  oid  |  datname
-------+-----------
 13011 | template0
 16400 | bof
 13012 | postgres
 16401 | sslentry
     1 | template1
(5 rows)

No database with oid 0 in 9.6 cluster:

postgres=# select oid, datname from pg_database;
    oid     |  datname
------------+-----------
          1 | template1
      12438 | template0
      16400 | bof
      12439 | postgres
 1016305714 | sslentry
(5 rows)

>> 1) OS and version you are using?

Ubuntu 16.04.4

I've installed it from postgresql repo -  http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/

>> 3) Where there any issues with 9.6 cluster before you tried to upgrade from it?

No, I don't remember anything specific about it.