Re: postgres_fdw error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Adam FUCHS
Subject Re: postgres_fdw error
Date
List pgsql-admin
I just wanted to update folks that indeed running this for each function called in the view fixed my permissions issues:

ALTER FUNCTION <func> SET search_path=public;
I also had to grant select to the mapped user for each table used in the function call.

Thank you for everyone's help!

Adam

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Adam FUCHS <atman@berkeley.edu> writes:
> In case this breaks stuff, what is the default search_path for functions if
> they are created without one set explicitly?

Ordinarily a function just runs with whatever search_path is active
when it's called.

Adam Fuchs

Database Administrator

UC Berkeley - Information Services & Technology

2195 Hearst Ave., Berkeley, CA 94120

510-664-4354