Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
​Hi Dave,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
HI

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch with custom tristate boolean editor for SlickGrid to make it compatible with Qt runtime.
I have tested it web mode & also modified the feature test accordingly.

Also thanks to Neel for testing the patch with latest runtime code.

Cool - so a few thoughts...

- Can we make the null symbol a question mark?
​instead of question mark we will make square
gray color
​.​

Sorry - I just realised this is not good from an accessibility perspective as users may not be able to distinguish between the white and gray in-fill. I've made it include a ? as well.
I have enhanced the the visibility of '?'
little bit
​more​
, attaching the patch if you prefer it that way.

In the call, Dave suggested that, we should have:
Cross (×, i.e. &#215;) for False
Check (√, i.e. &#8730;) for True
Empty (∅, i.e. &#8709;) for Null.

We discussed it, which I think - Murtuza missed due to connectivity issue, during the call.

Dave - thoughts?

-- Thanks, Ashesh

- I think the feature tests should be enhanced to ensure we verify the clickthrough sequence of the new control. I don't think we need a new test - maybe just an enhancement to the existing editor test?
​Done​

Thanks - patch applied.

- With a table of the definition shown below, if I add a row with a default value for the ID, and false, true, null and hit save, then immediately (without refreshing) try to change the first boolean value to true and hit save, then I get the following error:

UPDATE public.bools SET
b1 = %(b1)s::boolean WHERE
;
2017-11-21 10:34:57,378: ERROR pgadmin:
Failed to execute query (execute_void) for the server #1 - DB:postgres
(Query-id: 4249364):
Error Message:ERROR:  syntax error at or near ";"
LINE 3: ;

Table:

CREATE TABLE public.bools
(
    id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('bools_id_seq'::regclass),
    b1 boolean,
    b2 boolean,
    b3 boolean,
    CONSTRAINT bools_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)

​This issue is not related to given editor changes.
I have opened the separate ticket for the issue
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2886

OK, thanks.
​Also attached patch for RM#2886, the issue was due to incorrect conditional logic, As per the current implementation the newly added row should gets disabled if it is saved with default primary key value until gird reloaded with actual PK for updation but due to
 incorrect condition
​ it was enable​ in this case.

--
Dave Page