Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
​Hi Dave,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
HI

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch with custom tristate boolean editor for SlickGrid to make it compatible with Qt runtime.
I have tested it web mode & also modified the feature test accordingly.

Also thanks to Neel for testing the patch with latest runtime code.

Cool - so a few thoughts...

- Can we make the null symbol a question mark?
​instead of question mark we will make square
gray color
​.​

Sorry - I just realised this is not good from an accessibility perspective as users may not be able to distinguish between the white and gray in-fill. I've made it include a ? as well.
I have enhanced the the visibility of '?'
little bit
​more​
, attaching the patch if you prefer it that way.

In the call, Dave suggested that, we should have:
Cross (×, i.e. &#215;) for False
Check (√, i.e. &#8730;) for True
Empty (∅, i.e. &#8709;) for Null.

We discussed it, which I think - Murtuza missed due to connectivity issue, during the call.

Dave - thoughts?

What we have now seems to work nicely, and I believe is quite clear.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company