Re: [HACKERS] Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From 高增琦
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for commit.

I am afraid the changes may separate "7.a" to "7" and "a", then error out
with "invalid input syntax for type int" for "a".

How about changes as below? (use following the if to decide true or false)

```
-            } while (**scan_length != ' ' && **scan_length != '\0');
-            return false;
+            } while (isdigit(**scan_length));
```

> Any comments?

Sorry, I've been working through the backlog of three weeks of
traveling.

> > I tried some tests with ecpg informix mode.
> > When trying to store float data into a integer var, I got endless
> > loop.
> >
> > The reason is:
> > In informix mode, ecpg can accept
> > string form of float number when processing query result.
> > During checking the string form of float number, it seems
> > that ecpg forgot to skip characters after '.'.
> > Then outer loop will never stop because it hopes to see '\0'.
> >
> > The first patch will reproduce the problem in ecpg's regress test.
> > The second patch tries to fix it in simple way.

Thanks for spotting and fixing. I changed your patch slightly and made
it check if the rest of the data is indeed digits, or else it would
accept something like "7.hello" as "7".

Committed.

Michael
--