Re: [HACKERS] Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Try to fix endless loop in ecpg with informix mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Any comments?

Sorry, I've been working through the backlog of three weeks of
traveling.

> > I tried some tests with ecpg informix mode.
> > When trying to store float data into a integer var, I got endless
> > loop.
> >
> > The reason is:
> > In informix mode, ecpg can accept
> > string form of float number when processing query result.
> > During checking the string form of float number, it seems
> > that ecpg forgot to skip characters after '.'.
> > Then outer loop will never stop because it hopes to see '\0'.
> >
> > The first patch will reproduce the problem in ecpg's regress test.
> > The second patch tries to fix it in simple way.

Thanks for spotting and fixing. I changed your patch slightly and made
it check if the rest of the data is indeed digits, or else it would
accept something like "7.hello" as "7".

Committed.

Michael
--