Re: [HACKERS] no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER nameHANDLER ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: [HACKERS] no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER nameHANDLER ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2017/05/05 9:38, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> Hackers,
>>
>> just FYI, I cannot find any regression test coverage of this part of the grammar, not
>> even in the contrib/ directory or TAP tests.  I was going to submit a patch to help out,
>> and discovered it is not so easy to do, and perhaps that is why the coverage is missing.
>
> I think we could add the coverage by defining a dummy C FDW handler
> function in regress.c.  I see that some other regression tests use C
> functions defined there, such as test_atomic_ops().
>
> What do you think about the attached patch?  I am assuming you only meant
> to add tests for the code in foreigncmds.c (CREATE/ALTER FOREIGN DATA
> WRAPPER).

Looks ok to me. It at least tests whether function with the right
return type has been provided and when there are multiple handlers
provided. May be add it to the next commitfest for more opinions.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat