Re: [HACKERS] no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER nameHANDLER ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER nameHANDLER ...
Date
Re: [HACKERS] no test coverage for ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name HANDLER ...  (Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2017/05/05 9:38, Mark Dilger wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> just FYI, I cannot find any regression test coverage of this part of the grammar, not
> even in the contrib/ directory or TAP tests.  I was going to submit a patch to help out,
> and discovered it is not so easy to do, and perhaps that is why the coverage is missing.

I think we could add the coverage by defining a dummy C FDW handler
function in regress.c.  I see that some other regression tests use C
functions defined there, such as test_atomic_ops().

What do you think about the attached patch?  I am assuming you only meant
to add tests for the code in foreigncmds.c (CREATE/ALTER FOREIGN DATA
WRAPPER).

Thanks,
Amit