Re: Indexes on partitioned tables and foreign partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: Indexes on partitioned tables and foreign partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Arseny Sher <a.sher@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 8b08f7d4 added propagation of indexes on partitioned tables to
> partitions, which is very cool. However, index creation also recurses
> down to foreign tables. I doubt this is intentional, as such indexes are
> forbidden as not making much sense; attempt to create index on
> partitioned table with foreign partition leads to an error
> now. Attached lines fix this.

The patch looks good, but I guess that we have to do some tricks with
the validity of index on the partitioned table since not all
partitions have a given index when one of those is a foreign
partition.
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat