Re: inherit support for foreign tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date
Re: inherit support for foreign tables  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
(2014/06/30 17:47), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
I checked that it's reporting the right tableoid now.

Thank you for the check.

BTW, why aren't you using the tlist passed to this function? I guess
create_scan_plan() passes tlist after processing it, so that should be
used rather than rel->reltargetlist.

I think that that would be maybe OK, but I think that it would not be efficient to use the list to compute attrs_used, because the tlist would have more information than rel->reltargetlist in cases where the tlist is build through build_physical_tlist().

In that case, we can call build_relation_tlist() for foreign tables.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Etsuro Fujita