Re: Deletion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Deletion
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

psql variables has different format and its is not directly related to psql options. But you can do:

[pavel@localhost ~]$ psql postgres --set=myproname=upper
psql (9.5devel)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# select proname, prosrc from pg_proc where proname = :'myproname';
 proname |   prosrc
 upper   | upper
 upper   | range_upper
(2 rows)

postgres=# \echo :proname  :"proname" :'proname'
:proname :"proname" :'proname'

psql with enforces correct escaping

Regards

Pavel

In oracle I ran the deletion script to clean up the particular database using custid.custid is the parameter .&&1 is used in the oracle Inthe same way tried but $1 not possible ?but using function is possible is their any problem with fun to Clean the database I have 100 statements in script ...