Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree with Pavan - a release with known important bug is not good idea.

> This bug has been around for some time, so I would recommend taking
> the time necessary to make the best fix possible, even if it means
> waiting for the next round of minor releases.

I think the way to think about this sort of thing is, if we had found
this bug when a release wasn't imminent, would we consider it bad enough
to justify an unscheduled release cycle?  I have to think the answer for
this one is "probably not".

There are a questions

1. is it critical bug?
2. if is it, will be reason for special minor release?
3. how much time is necessary for fixing of this bug?

These questions can be unimportant if there is some security fixes in next release, what I cannot to know.

Regards

Pavel