Re: psql tabcomplete - minor bugfix - tabcomplete for SET ROLE TO xxx - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: psql tabcomplete - minor bugfix - tabcomplete for SET ROLE TO xxx
Date
List pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world:  not tested
Implements feature:       tested, passed
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            not tested

I agree with Peter that "We don't tab-complete everything we possibly could", but using tabs after "SET ROLE TO " provides "DEFAULT" as an option which seems wrong.
This patch adds list of roles over there, which I guess good to have than giving something unusual.

Surely, we cannot to support tab-complete everywhere. But if we can do it simply, we should to do it. Why:

1. It is good help for beginners

2. I am PostgreSQL lecture and evangelist in Czech Republic and Slovak Republic. The tabcomplete possibility is surprisingly good factor for accepting PostgreSQL concept, architecture, psql

But back to this topic. I am thinking so it is little bit different due fact so we support two very syntax for one feature. And looks little bit strange, so one way is supported by autocomplete and second not.

I reviewed this straight forward patch and looks good to me.

Since we might not want this, review is done and thus passing it to committer to decide.

ok

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Thank you very much

Regards

Pavel