Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output
Date
List pgsql-hackers

čt 5. 8. 2021 v 16:32 odesílatel Platon Pronko <platon7pronko@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi!

My apologies - I was using pspg incorrectly. If it's called via the pipe
then all the column wrapping is ignored, and that's why I couldn't reproduce
the issues. If instead pspg is used via "\setenv PAGER pspg", then I indeed can't
scroll the table horizontally more than 1 character, and that's definitely
broken.

I'll be using "\pset format wrapped" from now on, it's good enough. My only
issue would be with copying the long cell contents, but that's an uncommon
case and can be worked around without too much trouble.

pspg supports copy cell to clipboard - you can copy complete cell, although some parts are invisible

but I am not sure if it is working well in extended mode. This mode is not extra tested in pspg

Regards

Pavel

Best regards,
Platon Pronko