Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Platon Pronko
Subject Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

My apologies - I was using pspg incorrectly. If it's called via the pipe
then all the column wrapping is ignored, and that's why I couldn't reproduce
the issues. If instead pspg is used via "\setenv PAGER pspg", then I indeed can't
scroll the table horizontally more than 1 character, and that's definitely
broken.

I'll be using "\pset format wrapped" from now on, it's good enough. My only
issue would be with copying the long cell contents, but that's an uncommon
case and can be worked around without too much trouble.

Best regards,
Platon Pronko