Re: Declaring a field that is also an out parameter in a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Declaring a field that is also an out parameter in a function
Date
List pgsql-general

ne 7. 7. 2024 v 16:48 odesílatel Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> napsal:
On 7/7/24 07:42, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>     I'm not sure why there's a warning about using an alias. 43.3.1 says
>     to use them for improved readability.
>

> it is obsolete - aliases were used when Postgres doesn't support named
> arguments.

Is that was what it was complaining about or the fact they where
declared and never used?

I am not sure if I understand the question. My  reply was related to generic usage of aliases.

Report from plpgsql_check was correct - and related variables were not used.

> I  don't know any good reason why one variable can use more than one name.

Section 43.3.2. ALIAS provides the pros/cons.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com