Re: proposal: schema PL session variables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: schema PL session variables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

I propose really basic functionality, that can be enhanced in future - step by step. This proposal doesn't contain any controversial feature or syntax, I hope. It is related to PLpgSQL only, but described feature can be used from any PL languages with implemented interface.

I think it would make sense to implement the interface in at least one of our other supported PLs. I'm not entirely clear how well this will match up with, say, plperl, but I'd be interested to see.

The minimalistic interface can be based on get/set functions. We can do necessary transformations there.

Regards

Pavel