Re: Request: pg_cancel_backend variant that handles 'idle in transaction' sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Request: pg_cancel_backend variant that handles 'idle in transaction' sessions
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Okay, I think one more point to consider is that it would be preferable to
> have such an option for backend sessions and not for other processes
> like WalSender.

All right...I see the usage..  I withdraw my objection to 'session'
prefix then now that I understand the case.  So, do you agree that:

*) session_idle_timeout: dumps the backend after X time in 'idle' state
and
 *) transaction_timeout: cancels transaction after X time, regardless of state

sounds good?

Not too much

 *) transaction_timeout: cancels transaction after X time, regardless of state

This is next level of statement_timeout. I can't to image sense. What is a issue solved by this property?

Pavel

merlin