Re: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used
Date
In response to Re: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

updated patch

* merged Dean's doc
* allow NULL as width

Regards

Pavel

2013/2/11 Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>:
> On 10 February 2013 12:37, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> >>
> Here is my first draft. I've also attached the generated HTML page,
>>> because it's not so easy to read an SGML patch.
>>>

>> nice
>>
>> I have only one point - I am think, so format function should be in
>> table 9-6 - some small text with reference to special section.
>>

> It is already there in table 9-6, referring to the new section.
>
> Here is a minor update though -- I changed the name of the first
> optional argument from "str" to "formatarg", since they are no longer
> necessarily strings.
>
> Regards,
> Dean

Attachment