[HACKERS] different content of pg_depend after pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject [HACKERS] different content of pg_depend after pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

We checked some check query based on some operations on pg_depend table. This query did different result when database was migrated with pg_dump or with pg_upgrade. I found so this query was broken, but I found interesting thing.

The count is 1 for any objid

select distinct count(distinct classid), objid from pg_depend group by objid;

when system was loaded from dump

but when we used pg_upgrade, then previous rule was invalid.

Is it expected behave?

Regards

Pavel