Re: BUG #17750: Plugin_debugger not work when have pg_hint_plan on shared_preload_libraries - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: BUG #17750: Plugin_debugger not work when have pg_hint_plan on shared_preload_libraries
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi

čt 12. 1. 2023 v 17:01 odesílatel PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> napsal:

Bug reference:      17750
Logged by:          Paulo La Luna Junior
Email address:      junior@rassystem.com.br
PostgreSQL version: 12.13
Operating system:   Docker from image postgres:12.13

Hi,

I did several tests and the Debbuger Plugin does not work when the
shared_preload_libraries has "plugin_debugger,pg_hint_plan".
When shared_preload_libraries has only "plugin_debugger" or with other
libraries like "auto_explain,plugin_debugger,pg_stat_statements,pg_repack",
it's work.

I can create function and create extension without any error. But when I use
Debug from PGAdmin or Dbeaver it doesn't return the debug result.

The plugin debugger uses dbg API, pg_hint_plan uses dbg API too. Unfortunately this API is not designed to be used by two active extensions in one time.

I found a workaround in plpgsql_check, but it requires modification in extensions. You should report this issue to their authors.

And I see you did it.

The fix is not on the PostgreSQL side.

Regards

Pavel