Re: Notes about Pl/PgSQL assignment performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Notes about Pl/PgSQL assignment performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers

When I run this test in 2 threads I expect that running time will be the same, because PostgreSQL will fork process for the second connection and this process will be served by a separate CPU core because I have more than 2 cores.
Yes, IMMUTABLE flag helps, but I think It's just because Postgres actually executes procedure only once.

surely not - test it.

I am lazy think about it - but probably real reason is +/-  execution of read only transactions or possibly write transactions.

PostgreSQL is primary ACID database. You cannot to think about it like scripting environment only.

Regards

Pavel