Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> 1. -c no longer implies --no-psqlrc.  That's a backwards incompatibility,
>> but very easy to explain and very easy to work around.

> This can be very surprising change. Can we disable it temporary by some
> environment variable? like NOPSQLRC ?

Why would that be better than "add -X to the psql call"?

I think generally the idea here is to have fewer warts, not more.

I can set environment variable once and all scripts will running without psqlrc, without searching all scripts and editing. If we are breaking compatibility, then we can be little bit friendly to admins, users, ...

It isn't necessary, but it can decrease a possible impacts

Pavel