Re: poc - possibility to write window function in PL languages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: poc - possibility to write window function in PL languages
Date
Re: poc - possibility to write window function in PL languages  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

st 20. 1. 2021 v 21:07 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> The second question is work with partition context value. This should be
> only one value, and of only one but of any type per function. In this case
> we cannot use GET statements. I had an idea of enhancing declaration. Some
> like

> DECLARE
>   pcx PARTITION CONTEXT (int); -- read partition context
> BEGIN
>   pcx := 10; -- set partition context

> What do you think about it?

Uh, what?  I don't understand what this "partition context" is.

It was my name for an access to window partition local memory - WinGetPartitionLocalMemory

We need some interface for this cache

Regards

Pavel