Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Date
List pgsql-hackers

2013/8/22 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
On 8/22/13 9:08 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
Probably we can introduce a new level of verbosity, but I am thinking so
this behave is reasonable. Everybody who use a VERBOSE level expect lot of
balast and it show expected info (context of error)

Can be this design good enough for you?

I like the idea, but I think this should be a new verbosity level.  With this patch you would have to go full VERBOSE just to debug PL/pgSQL code with NOTICEs and DEBUGs in it, and that output then becomes harder to parse with the useless C-code information.

word "DEBUG" is not good - it is used for Postgres debugging as log level

Pavel

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja