Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Date
Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/22/13 9:08 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Probably we can introduce a new level of verbosity, but I am thinking so
> this behave is reasonable. Everybody who use a VERBOSE level expect lot of
> balast and it show expected info (context of error)
>
> Can be this design good enough for you?

I like the idea, but I think this should be a new verbosity level.  With
this patch you would have to go full VERBOSE just to debug PL/pgSQL code
with NOTICEs and DEBUGs in it, and that output then becomes harder to
parse with the useless C-code information.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja