Re: High memory usage / performance issue ( temp tables ? ) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: High memory usage / performance issue ( temp tables ? )
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi

Something else I intended to ask in the original post, but forgot:

What effect , if any , will the autovacuum setting have in this type of
scenario ?
Will performance be improved by disabling this ?

no, when you use temporary tables intensively - you must vacuum pg_catalog intensively - vaccum should be more aggressive and faster then a bloating of system catalog.

Probably you should to do REINDEX some system indexes more often than is usually.

Regards

Pavel

I assume that a vacuum process will be required on at least the pg_catalog
due to dropping of temp tables during the process.

Regards

gmb