Re: Function array_agg(array) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Function array_agg(array)
Date
Re: Function array_agg(array)
List pgsql-hackers

Hi

I did some minor changes in code

* move tests of old or new builder style for array sublink out of main cycles
* some API simplification of new builder - we should not to create identical API, mainly it has no sense

minor changes in the patch:
* remove array_agg_finalfn_internal declaration in top of array_userfuncs.c
* fix comment of makeMdArray
* fix return of makeMdArray
* remove unnecesary changes to array_agg_finalfn

super

I tested last version and I have not any objections.

1. We would to have this feature - it is long time number of our ToDo List

2. Proposal and design of multidimensional aggregation is clean and nobody has objection here.

3. There is zero impact on current implementation. From performance reasons it uses new array optimized aggregator - 30% faster for this purpose than current (scalar) array aggregator

4. Code is clean and respect PostgreSQL coding rules

5. There are documentation and necessary regress tests

6. Patching and compilation is clean without warnings.

This patch is ready for commit

Thank you for patch

Regards

Pavel