Re: Database name with semicolon - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Database name with semicolon
Date
List pgsql-general

> See if something like below works:
> {db; name}

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

I tried putting curly brackets around the value of database like you
mentioned.
{db; name}
But the server was treating the brackets as part of the database name and so
did not work.
I tried double quotes like
"db; name" which also didn't work.

please, can you try

'"db; name"' .. double quotes nested in apostrophes

Not sure what else I can try or whether the ODBC driver supports database
name with a semicolon at all.
I know that in the case of password we can put the string enclosed within
curly brackets to escape special characters but not appears to be working
for the database.

Regards,
Joby

--