Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE
Date
List pgsql-hackers

2013/8/23 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
On 08/23/2013 11:30 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2013/8/23 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
>
>> Pavel,
>>
>>> But it can have a different reason. In T-SQL (Microsoft or Sybase) or
>> MySQL
>>> a unbound query is used to direct transfer data to client side.
>>
>> Are you planning to implement that in PL/pgSQL?
>>

> yes. I would to see a stored procedures with this functionality in pg

Is there some reason we wouldn't use RETURN QUERY in that case, instead
of SELECT?  As I said above, it would be more consistent with existing
PL/pgSQL.

for example - multirecordset support. can be reason why distinguish between these syntax and these functionality.

Regards

Pavel

--
Josh Berkus