Re: new release pspg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: new release pspg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

ne 21. 3. 2021 v 7:40 odesílatel Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> napsal:
This is really cool. .... Now I just need to figure out how to
integrate it with using Emacs for my terminal. I still want to use
emacs enter and edit my queries but it would be cool to be able to hit
a key and launch an xterm and send the query output to pspg....

pspg 4.5.0 supports --querystream mode

run in one terminal /pspg --querystream -f ~/pipe  --hold-stream=2 -h localhost

and from any application, where you can write to stream, you can send a queries separated by GS char 0x1d or ^] on separate line

[pavel@localhost src]$ cat /dev/tty > ~/pipe
select 1
^]
select * from pg_class limit