Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 9:46 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 5:07 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 2022-03-29 11:55:05 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > > I committed v6 instead.
> >
> > I was just discussing the WAL prefetching patch with Thomas. A question in
> > that discussion made me look at the coverage of REDO for CREATE DATABASE:
> > https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c.gcov.html
> >
> > Seems there's currently nothing hitting the REDO for
> > XLOG_DBASE_CREATE_FILE_COPY (currently line 3019). I think it'd be good to
> > keep coverage for that. How about adding a
> >   CREATE DATABASE ... STRATEGY file_copy
> > to 001_stream_rep.pl?
> >

> > Might be worth adding a test for ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE at the same
> > time, this patch did affect that path in some minor ways. And, somewhat
> > shockingly, we don't have a single test for it.
>
> I will add tests for both of these cases and send the patch.

0001 is changing the strategy to file copy during initdb and 0002
patch adds the test cases for both these cases.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment