Re: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 1:00 PM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:53 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote
> >    else if (TailMatches("DELETE", "FROM", MatchAny))
> >            COMPLETE_WITH("USING", "WHERE");
> >-   /* XXX: implement tab completion for DELETE ... USING */
> >
> >Why are you removing that?  This sentence is still true, no?
>
> IIRC, XXX in comment is used to flag something that is bogus but works.
> When the sentence introduced here in f5ab0a14, the fix for "DELETE ... USING" is not as good as it is now.(I guess
that'swhy the comment was added). And for now, IMHO, we can remove the comment directly.

But your patch is doing nothing to add the implementation for DELETE..
USING.  Basically, the tab completion support for DELETE....USING is
still pending right?

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar