Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 10:50 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 10:37 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 2022-03-23 22:29:40 +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> > > I could not see any reason for it to fail, and I could not reproduce
> > > it either.  Is it possible to access the server log for this cfbot
> > > failure?
> >
> > Yes, near the top, below the cpu / memory graphs, there's a file
> > navigator. Should have all files ending with *.log or starting with
> > regress_log_*.
>
> Okay, I think I have found the reasoning for this failure, basically,
> if we see the below logs then the second statement is failing with
> foobar5 already exists and that is because some of the above test case
> is conditionally generating the same name.  So the fix is to use a
> different name.

In the latest version I have fixed this issue by using a non
conflicting name, because when it was compiled with-icu the foobar5
was already used and we were seeing failure.  Apart from this I have
fixed the duplicate cleanup problem by passing an extra parameter to
RelationCreateStorage, which decides whether to register for on-abort
delete or not and added the comments for the same.  IMHO this looks
the most cleaner way to do it, please check the patch and let me know
your thoughts.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar