Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o
Date
Responses Separate out FileSet from SharedFileSet (was Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o)  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 9:11 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> 4)
> -extern File SharedFileSetCreate(SharedFileSet *fileset, const char *name);
> -extern File SharedFileSetOpen(SharedFileSet *fileset, const char *name,
> -                                                         int mode);
> -extern bool SharedFileSetDelete(SharedFileSet *fileset, const char *name,
> -                                                               bool error_on_failure);
>  extern void SharedFileSetDeleteAll(SharedFileSet *fileset);
> -extern void SharedFileSetUnregister(SharedFileSet *input_fileset);
>
> I noticed the patch delete part of public api, is it better to keep the old api and
> let them invoke new api internally ? Having said that, I didn’t find any open source
> extension use these old api, so it might be fine to delete them.

Right, those were internally used by buffile.c but now we have changed
buffile.c to directly use the fileset interfaces, so we better remove
them.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar