Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Here's a WIP patch to evaluate. Dilip/Ashutosh, could you perhaps run
some benchmarks, to see whether this addresses the performance issues?

I guess it'd both be interesting to compare master with master + patch,
and this thread's latest patch with the patch additionally applied.

I tested it in Power and seen lot of fluctuations in the reading, From this reading I could not reach to any conclusion.
 only we can say that with (patch + pinunpin), we can reach more than 600000.

I think it needs more number of runs.. After seeing this results I did not run head+pinunpin,

Head 64 Client 128 Client
Run1 434860 356945
Run2 275815 275815
Run3 437872 366560