Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints  (Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 2:01 AM Maciek Sakrejda <m.sakrejda@gmail.com> wrote:

Here is the updated version of the patch, the changes are 1) Fixed
review comments given by Robert and one open comment from Ashutosh.
2) Preserved the old create db method. 3) As agreed upthread for now
we are using the new strategy only for createdb not for movedb so I
have removed the changes in ForgetDatabaseSyncRequests() and
DropDatabaseBuffers().  3) Provided a database creation strategy
option as of now I have kept it as below.

CREATE DATABASE ... WITH (STRATEGY = WAL_LOG);      -- default if
option is omitted
CREATE DATABASE ... WITH (STRATEGY = FILE_COPY);

I have updated the document but I was not sure how much internal
information to be exposed to the user so I will work on that based on
feedback from others.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar