Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 5:25 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 06:20:39PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Rebased on HEAD.
> > 0005 forgot to update compression_1.out.
> > Included changes to ./configure.ac and some other patches, but not Tomas's,
> > since it'll make CFBOT get mad as soon as that's pushed.
>
> Rebased again.
> Renamed "t" to a badcompresstbl to avoid name conflicts.
> Polish the enum GUC patch some.
>
> I noticed that TOAST_INVALID_COMPRESSION_ID was unused ... but then I found a
> use for it.

Yeah, it is used in toast_compress_datum, toast_get_compression_id,
reform_and_rewrite_tuple and pg_column_compression function.  Your
patches look fine to me.  I agree that v3-0006 also makes sense as it
is simplifying the GUC handling.  Thanks for fixing these.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar